Saturday, September 5, 2009

Greetings from West Palm

Hello beautiful Way-fmers! It's your boy, former intern yet intern by heart, Chris!!! I told y'all I would be giving you an all exclusive look into my world in Palm Beach Atlantic University. My first week was super amazing. I have begun to see the Lord working through my life...I know I should be here. The second day I was here, I joined all the newbies in the chapel for some worship. They played You won't relent and take it all!!!! So cool! I choreographed a dance for my fish group...orientation group (the mascot is the sail fish...I needed to wear a gilligan hat for a whole week that had my name on it...I guess that's Christian hazing :P) I also chugged a coke through some nylons, haha! I capped off welcome week with a feet washing ceremony that has really made an impact on my life. Seeing the person who I washed around campus brings back a real sense of vulnerability...made me think...Jesus made himself that vulnerable to us!
After welcome week, dreaded classes started:( I like them though :) A major theme that is being brought up so far is this whole idea that the events of the Bible, the events of history, and the events of my life are interconnected...It's one whole story! Speaking of, the writer whoe changed my life, Francis Chan...Crazy Love anyone...whoop whoop...is coming in two weeks!!!! I got a job working at the front desk at an all guys residence hall! I rly like it! I have a feeling that things are going to get interesting, just seeing how the people I meet in the front desk will impacy me as well as vice versa!


Yesterday was also super amazing! The Robbie Seay band as well as Jaimie from To Write Love on Her Arms came by for a night of worship and conversation. For those that do not know, To Write Love is an organization to help people dealing with depression, suicide, and cutting! I can hear laughs when he mentions their organization is not only for emos....haha...I can totally relate. I dealt with depression and I am happy all the time. Sometimes I feel like its as dangerous if not more for people who you can not read! It was definitely emotional as people stood up with their emotions and stories!



I also got my first assignment for The Beacon school newspaper yesterday! I'll keep you posted on that in the days to come! I will leave y'all with Robbie Seay's "Song of Hope"










No comments: