Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2sday's Topics and Tweets



Hey y'all! It's 2esday, and, today, we are getting hard hitting! 2day's 2sday Topic branches off a something Brant was discussing on his show yesterday...God's audible voice. What does it mean when we say God talks to us? Is it a voice, a feeling, or does he even speak? Personally, I believe God can audibly speak to his people. He's God...hello! But, I also feel he speaks to us by coincidences, testimonies, and urges. When I decide not to do something because I get an overwhelming feeling against it, I know it is God. I'm not saying that God reveals himself in humanities trivial pursuits. So, I say, God speaks audibly, doesn't speak, and speaks through feelings, events, and other people. Like a parent, God leaves us to make our own decisions but points us in certain directions by speaking to us. That is what I think, but I'll leave the rest for Thursday...here's what YOU have to say:

"I know for sure that God speaks clearly to us in many ways. Years ago we were stationed in VA and was there house hunting. We were looking at the 2nd house that this landlord had to show us and decided to take it, gave a deposit and as we were leaving I said to God "I hope we've made the right decision. Within seconds I started feeling panicked and crying to the point of hysterical and told my husband we cannot move into that house please turn around and tell them we changed our minds.I could not explain to him why I was so upset. I didn't know why. He turned around and took the 1st house they had showed us. I became friends with a neighbor there who was not a christian, shortly after that she was diagnosed with an inoperable Brain tumor. A couple of months later she was determined to be baptized. She was baptized at her house and within a month she passed away. She died a Christian!! I know without a doubt that God spoke to me that day as if he were sitting next to me." --Tammy N Smith (North Charleston)

"I'll try to make this a short story.
the first time i heard the audible voice of God was the day I found out i was pregnant with my third child. i had a 3 year old and a 3 month old and our family's situation was financially dire.
i prayed for peace and knew that God would always provide... as i sat in prayer i laughed to myself and said aloud, "okay God. You know we want a big family and we welcome another baby but didn't i tell you i never wanted 2 in diapers at the same time?"
the laugh was like an earthquake that i could hear and feel starting in my chest and spreading outward... then He said "My timing, not yours."
the second time was the night my son nearly drowned. he'd been without breath for well over 6 minutes. while waiting for the ambulance and trying to perform CPR, i heard a voice at my shoulder say "pray for the child NOW." i stopped and prayed and in less than a minute, my son coughed up the water and began to breathe again....
yes, God speaks to us."
--Marisa Feathers (Manassas, Virginia)

"I have heard his voice audibly twice. Once I was sitting in my living room writing a list of all the things I was going to leave my daughter when I died. I wanted to make sure she had plenty of things to remember us by. While I was contemplating the list this deep voice that filled the room and the inside of my head said, "They are only things". I looked up in astonishment and promptly tore up the list. I knew exactly who had said that. The second time I was on my way to work and had been going through a difficult time at work, taking on a lot of blame for my bosses problems. I felt like I was back at my parents house when I was growing up with all the fighting and bickering. All of a sudden, I heard the same voice fill the car and my head. saying, "It isn't your fault". I had been desperately trying to find another job and had been blocked time after time. God wasn't going to let me run away from the lesson until I understood it. Two days later I had a new job."
--Susan Heffner Winter(Orlando,Florida)

This makes me wonder if God Tweets and if he is Talk'n UR Tweets! Andreakleid tweets, "I wish Panera had a drive thru." Um, andreakleid, have you been in a Panera lately? It takes like an hour to get your food. Usually places don't have drive thrus because they understand they are slow...Whodeeni tweets "headed out for our summer fun daycation. Road trip to Magiquest in Pigeon Forge. My son is so excited!" For y'all that don't know, Magiquest is a magical adventure. It is like the live version of Dungeons and Dragons. With a name like Whodeeni, I have a feeling it is one of those personal trips you take with your child so you don't feel like an embarrassment. I say embrace your inner wizard Whodeeni and defeat the evil Lord of Mordor...Now, tamodom is tweeting, "oh the joy of meeting day! :) I'll be in one all day. so hit me up." Tams, fo reals. I sense Sarcasm about a meeting that you plane not to pay attention at. How do you get away with that? Is it a hold your cell phone out and move your fingers across the keys meeting :P So our good friend T Culler is preparing to go on tour with Rush of Fools, but, beforehand, he's practicing his quote on quote back flip off stage! Now, I'm just saying, not a good idea. Leave the acrobatics for Cirque du Soleil, as well as the ball rolling, silent miming, and crazy sheet spiraling :) ...Lastly, Scbubba is having a Dunkin Donuts coffee and blueberry muffin. Remember the good old days when DD was about the DONUTS...
So, we receive a lot of pieces of flare from Facebook that I'm deciding to begin a new segment entitled Facebook Flare Mail. Here's our top five pieces of flare for the week given by YOU:


Stare at it long enough, and it moves!


I'm pretty sure that's what Jesus meant!


Get it...it's an ipod attached to a phone, lol!


Like Communion, but i guess the body is chocolate and the blood is peanut butter



Cool and an amazing segue to this weeks Prayers:
  • Cameron Larkin: The Barker Family who lost a grandfather, father, husband, and father in law in a tragic car accident that killed many others as well. Pray for them and the other families.
  • !
  • Katie Misha Powers: Discernment and direction in future decisions
  • Jennifer McNeil Broughton: Protection and strength. Her husband is training in Oklahoma now. He's in the army.
  • Kimberly Zachary Barnett: Success in her interview today and continued success
  • Quentin Lee Wireman: friend failed at committing suicide and is now in critical condition. Pray for his friend Billy's family and Billy.
  • Elizabeth Pangalangan: Needs help bringing her parents and older sister to Christ
  • Cheri' Meeks Mcgee: stay at home mom for 13 years, she needs direction.
  • Stephanie Pellos Van Duinen: Husband is unable to reenlist. Pray for a direction that fulfills God's purpose for them.
  • Tiffany Alvarado: Safety for her brother Travis in Afghanistan
  • Duffy Brunson Furtick: Lost job. Family is in a valley right now and can't see the light.
  • Ruby Daniels Brawlett: a man in her church named Norman recently lost his father. Pray for him and his family.
  • JD: Adoption
  • Dianna: friends who need jobs.
  • Victor: first baptist church to be able to do more outreach and for participation by more churches in Convoy of Love (charlestonconvoy.com)
  • Anthony: money issues
  • Tricia Copeland Shingler: friends and family of Casie Barton who drowned this weekend.
  • Rikki Sampson: recovery from knee surgery
  • Kelly Creed Gordon: Michelle is in the hospital
  • Christen Saunders Edmounds: strength for cousin's family...daughter in hospital.
  • Rochelle Tuttle: family going through those teenage years
  • DeAnna Rienzo: Sister is giving birth and another sister starting a new college
  • Natasha Akery: Newlywed and healing for her legs
  • Matt Akery: Newlywed and new job
  • Austin Campbell: Discernment
  • Chris Hernandez: Mother needs a job and family needs strength
  • Shavone Kimsey: Healing and prayer that she won't give into fear. Strength.
I'll leave you with some gentle reminders from us at Way. August 22nd is the first annual Children's Health Festival. We will be there live, so come out. For more information visit www.colletoncc.com ! Rush of Fools will be in Concert @ Northwood Baptist Church September 18 with Tculler. Tickets are available at itickets.com as well as our website, wayx.wayfm.com . We have some great deals available at our station including 25$ VIP passes that will get you up close and personal with Rush of Fools, a signed CD, poster, as well as first dibs on seating! So enquire here or on our Facebook page! Also, if you are reading this on Facebook, you have to come visit our blog to see our video! Tomorrow, we are asking y'all to tell us Wassup?!? Til then, Press Play to these brand new songs from Barlow Girl, Plumb, and Seventh Day Slumber:






No comments: